Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

POEM #1- BYGONES




April is National Poetry Month. For the past few years, I have joined my friend Mary Lee, at POETREPOSITORY and YEAR OF READING in writing a poem every day for a month. In 2013, 2we wrote based on images from Wikimedia Commons; in 2014, we did Wonders of the World; and last year we did Po-Emotions. This year, Mary Lee's theme is BYGONES. She has selected thirty photographs from a family collection, and is writing from one photograph every day. I'm not sure if I will write from Mary Lee's photographs every day, or if I will see if I can find some of my own. For the past few years, we have been joined by several other amazing poets- Kevin Hodgson and Steve Peterson. There are lots of others doing way cool projects, and  Jama Rattigan has compiled a list  here. Soooo, here we go…





PERSPECTIVE

he is smart
muscular
sophisticated

when he says
hop on
see the world
please the master

his companion
slower
weaker
fiercely loyal

acquiesces without question

he does not understand
he will fall the farthest
hit the hardest
hurt the most

(C) Carol Wilcox, 2016

1 comment:

Mary Lee said...

This poem says so much about what could be behind the photo, but also about the way relationships can work. Double wow.