Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Haiku, Day #28



A few moments from today…



"ANYTHING HELPS"
that's what your sign says
I watch you shiver and wonder
whether anything could

(C) Carol Wilcox, 2015



"On Walking the Dog in Subzero Temperatures"
happy tail never stops
nose searches relentlessly
a gal could get lucky. 
(C) Carol Wilcox




"Just in Case"

Do not just drive away
Goodbye is not enough either
Say, "I love you for always"
Then smile and wave
until he can no longer see you.
(C) Carol Wilcox

Backstory: This month, my family has been touched by a couple of tragedies. Over Thanksgiving Weekend, a friend I grew up with lost his wife, in-laws, and brother-in-law to a drunk driver down in Arizona. Last week, a friend of my brother-in-law was driving his family back from a basketball game and was killed when another car crossed the median and hit their car head on. 

Today, I was dropping my son off at work when a frozen pop can exploded in the back of the car. I was a little distracted, and just kind of said, "Bye" as he jumped out of the car. A few minutes later, I realized what I had done and had to text him to remind him that I loved him. I'm planning on seeing him again at 9, when I pick him up at the end of his shift, but who knows for sure?

1 comment:

Leigh Anne Eck said...

My son's band is playing late tonight in a city about an hour away. It scares me because so much can happen in such short amount of time. I will remember to not just let him drive away.