Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Poem (not a haiku, but a poem anyway) #6

Ours were never this fancy. They were just little circles with cinnamon sugar!

Phew! This is hard for me. I'm learning new techniques from the little poetry community we have formed at Poetrepository (and on Twitter), but it's not showing up in my poetry. I guess the most eloquent thing I can say is that I know how struggling readers and writers feel. Oh well, I'm trying, right?




“Frugality”

Grandma, never wasteful, 
scrapes morsels of dough.
stamps thimble circles,
sprinkles cinnamon,
and bakes a tea party.
© Carol Wilcox, 2015

3 comments:

Linda B said...

I've missed some, but think this is great, Carol. You're capturing memories, nothing better. I love "bakes a tea party."

Mary Lee said...

Pshaw. Your craft is evident in each morsel you share!

This one just wraps me in a warm grandma hug. Mom used the left overs, but they never got the thimble treatment!

Carol Varsalona said...

Carol, I seem to be having a bit of writer's block so I understand. At any rate, your poem is a great remembrance. I am with Linda on the thought "bakes a tea party."