Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

THE NEW SMALL PERSON- Lauren Child


I love collage illustrations.
And Lauren Child is one of my favorites!
She has a new "big brother/big sister" book!
Elmore Green starts off life as an only child (as many children do!)
And he likes it a lot.
Elmore gets to watch what he likes on television
And no one ever changes the channel.
When his uncle sends him a jar of jelly beans
No one else eats them
He doesn't have to share,
 especially not the orange ones.

But then one day a new small person comes home.
And suddenly everything changes.
First, Elmore doesn't like it much.
But then, finally, well, you can probably guess what happens at the end.

A great new book for the sibling library!

3 comments:

Linda B said...

This looks so cute, Carol. I love the collage work that artists do, too. I'd love to be able to do that! Thanks for telling about the book!

Bernadette said...

Thanks for sharing this book. My 6 year old grandson has had to abruptly give up being an only child. His parents have become the foster parents of my 2 year old granddaughter. Do you think it is age appropriate for him?

Carol said...

I think it would be perfect for your grandson!