Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW DAY- Lester Laminack

I keep reading about all the snow back East and longing for one good dumper storm for Colorado. We haven't had much snow at all this winter and I'm wishing, wishing, wishing for one of those stay at home, bake cookies, read a good book kind of days…

Maybe that's why I could identify with the narrator of SNOW DAY. In this book, the weatherman is predicting a big storm, and the narrator imagines all of the fun things he will do with his day off from school- build a snow fort, sled on the neighbor's hill, drink hot chocolate. The next morning, though, when the family wakes up they discover that there is not a snow day, and they have to rush around crazily trying to make it to school in time. There's even one more twist, but I'll let you discover that for yourself.

A fun book to read when there's a snow day. Also a great mentor text for description or point of view!


1 comment:

Karen said...

One of my all time favorites. It catches my students off guard every time on the last page!